Automation is happening everywhere. Marketing automation simplifies complex marketing process, so as SEO automation in search engine optimization process.
You all would have heard about SEO but did you hear about automation in SEO?
“What? Can SEO be automated?”, we hear you ask. Yes, it can be.
Automation saves a lot of time, right? While the process of SEO takes a considerable investment of time and can not be simply automated in its entirety, some aspects can still be automated. Let’s see some fascinating things about automating SEO.
Manual SEO involves an individual or team of SEO experts implementing the various on-page and off-page SEO strategies into a website manually. Automated SEO, on the other hand, involves the use of software (or SEO platforms) to implement SEO strategies into a website.
We need tons of emails to get good backlinks, and we need to write more to earn more links, network more for natural backlinks – which when done manually, is a time taking and effort driven work!
Automation in SEO
The good news is, a handful of SEO tasks – from link building to blogger outreach – can now be automated (at least partially) with the right tools. This will help you save time and avoid the stress of performing tedious tasks.
- Saves time. Example: SEO audit with tools, manually checking broken links, 404 pages, and so on can now be done through automation.
- Quite an easy process in the execution of competitor analysis work. Example: Keyword ranking position, Number of backlinks, list of backlinks, and so on.
- Tedious reports are also automated and sent to you at a specific time interval. Automated tools for SEO can help you with its features to make changes to the content of the website or update it as necessary.
- Reduces the process of a big SEO team to complete the various task involved in On-page, Off-page and Technical SEO
- Comparatively cheaper than manual SEO. Depends on free tools or paid tools usage long with which package of paid tools are used.
- When the usage of tools is not properly studied or not used properly, SEO software can create low-quality backlinks. That means low-quality traffic, more spam score, the time taken for ranking website, and difficulty in ranking your website, increases. The low-quality backlinks can get your site penalized.
- Most SEO software focuses on quantity over quality, which could lead to problems in the long run. Just increasing the number of backlinks won’t help in ranking your website. There are around 200 factors provided by google as signals for a ranking website.
- Automation can also add to the duplicate content issues for your website. Such issues can also cause a search engine rankings downgrade, which is exactly the opposite of what you ultimately would want for your organic website traffic.
- If not monitored the automation process, over the long term it is difficult to remove the bulk spammy and unwanted backlinks.
- Cannot Update Automatically, depends on what tools are used. Sometimes it is considered as blackhat Seo process and banned by search engines like google.
SEO Automation Tools
SEO can be tough, and intimidating for those who don’t know how it works. But there are a number of tools to help us out in our time of crisis. We have listed some cool tools to help you tide over your SEO problems.
- Yoast SEO – Sitemap, Title, Meta, and Automatic recommendation for on-page SEO
- Seoptimer – SEO audit.
- Moz – PA and DA, Backlinks, keyword research.
- Buzzsumo – analyze what influencers say about certain topics, which can be used for the skyscraping technique.
- Sentinel – social listening tool monitoring to monitor your brand mentions on social media or in blogs.
- SE Ranking – backlinks, keywords, social signals, and even competitors strategies
- IFTTT – Social bookmarking on different social bookmarking site is automated. can automate web-application tasks, such as posting the same content on several social networks. Marketing professionals can use IFTTT to track mentions of companies in RSS feeds.
- Hunter.io – getting relevant emails related to your website. That helps in increasing website traffic via email marketing
- SERPwoo – Track the top 20 results by your keywords
- Screaming Frog – SEO Spider is a website crawler that helps you improve onsite SEO, by extracting data & auditing for common SEO issues
- Spyfu – Search for any competitor. Download their keywords. It’s that simple. Learn competitors’ PPC & SEO tricks and avoid their mistakes. Competitor analysis made simple and easy.
- SEOReviewtools – All in one free SEO tool majorly used to know about keyword density used in the content. Removes manual time-consuming work in calculating keyword density.
- SEOsitecheckup – SEO audit tool form website speed to keywords usage could be checked out in the audit process.
- Lsigraph – Research tool about Lsi keywords can be done for free thrice a day. This will help is a better utilization of keywords in the content that you create.
- RankTracker– Research keywords, analyze the competition, and track your search engine ranking – all with a single, powerful platform.
- Cyfe – One of the pains of SEO is that there is always so much information to track. From keeping an eye on analytics to monitoring your rankings and catching up on advertising campaigns, there can be a lot of logging in and out of several dashboards.
- Whitespark – Improve rankings, drive business, and fast-track your success in local search with Whitespark’s tools and managed citation services.
- GroupHigh – Find the best bloggers and influencers, manage your relationships, and measure the value of your content.
- Linkstant – The premises that you want to know about every new backlink to your website. With one of these backlink tools, you will find out about the quality of the link, right now, not later. If the link is associated with a negative review, you can take immediate action.
- Buzzstream – Spend less time on spreadsheets and more time building links. BuzzStream researches prospects monitors links and helps you do great outreach. Digital PR tool. Research influencers, manage your relationships, and conduct outreach that’s personalized and efficient.
As said, every coin has two sides, every thing has advantages and disadvantages.
Whichever you choose, the Reputation Defender suggests you consider your options carefully. You will likely find that a mixture of both automated and manual SEO will work for you and will be dependent on the tasks at hand.
A successful SEO campaign should be built out over time. Farsighted decisions will pay dividends in the long run.